Tourist Attractions in Marianske Lazne
'Goethe's Retreat' is a sandstone obelisk and two stone resting places on the side of Hamelika Hill. Goethe used to sit here on a bench, sometimes with Ulrika von Levetzow, or alone, spending many hours in contemplation here. The obelisk was built in August 1848 to recall Goethe's three sojourns in Mariánské Lázně between 1821 and 1823.
An elegant one-storey tower used to stand here. It was erected in 1847 but the surrounding forests had overgrown it by 1879. Only a sign now gives any indication the buidling once stood here.
The director of the local theatre Julius Laska had this chapel built in 1909 in memory of his mother. It is a small, pretty, neo-Gothic building set against a forest backdrop.