Tourist Attractions in Marianske Lazne
This is a gazebo situated on a plateau above a boulder outcrop at the Royal Hotel where a decorated wooden structure originally stood. The building was inaugurated in 1850 in honour of an important guest to Mariánské Lázně - the Czech proconsul, Baron von Mescery.
Its beauty and serenity made this place a favourite with the Abbot Alfréd Clements of Teplá. A simple wooden bench stood here where the dignitary often used to sit. During his time as Abbot, Mariánské Lázně experienced the largest building boom of its early development (1888–1900).
The name comes from a distinguished visitor to the town, the Bavarian Queen Karola. This is a lookout pavilion built in 1875 on the hillside between the Forest Spring and the local cemetery (above today's car park).
Friedrich Wilhelm Heights
This dominant lookout point is located on the top of Žižka Hill. The location was named in honour of Prussian King Friedrich Wilhelm IV who laid the foundation stone of the altar in the town's Evangelical Church in June 1857.
Lookout Tower on Panský Hill
This steel tower situated on the hill near the village of Drmoul, was opened on November 15 in 2008. The total height of the lookout tower is 55m, but the actual viewing gantry is 40m above the ground. From the tower you can admire the view of the Slavkovský Forest, Mariánské Lázně, Dyleň, Kynžvart and even as far as Přimda. During the winter months the tower is closed for safety reasons.