Orthodox Church of St Vladimir
Between 1900 and 1902, St. Vladimír's Orthodox Church replaced an Orthodox chapel which had been operating in the Town Hall since 1878.
The orthodox priest Nikolaj N. Pisarevský together with local doctors undertook several fundraising campaigns among Serbian and Russian spa guests in order to gather together money for a new Orthodox Church. Later, the architect Professor Nikolaj V. Sultanov (1850–1908) drew up the plans for the building, which was constructed by the well-known builder Gustav Wiedermann of Františkovy Lázně, who also erected similar Orthodox churches in Františkovy Lázně and Karlovy Vary. The floor plan is in the shape of a Greek cross whose central area is supported by side apses. A richly decorated iconostasis, created in Kuznetsovo near Tver for the World Exhibition in Paris in 1900, dominates the interior of the church. The musical bells were melted down during WWI. During WWII the church was used as a storehouse but was subsequently reopened in the second half of the 20th century.
May to October
daily 09.30 – 12.00 am, 01.00– 05.00 pm
November to April
daily 09.30 – 11.30 am, 02.00 – 04.00 pm
from 10.00 pm