Roman Catholic Church of the Virgin Mary Assumption
This place of worship was built in the neo-Byzantine style between 1844 and 1848.
The layout of this octagonal basilica, erected on the site where the Chapel of the Birth of the Virgin Mary had stood since 1820, was the work of Munich architect Johann Gottfried Gutensohn. The original church bells dating back to 1835 and 1847 were made by W. Sedlmayer of Planá and J. di Valle of Cheb but were partially melted down during the world wars. The church was consecrated by Abbot Heinl in 1848 and by Cardinal and Archbishop Schwarzenberk in 1850. Today it hosts relgious services and concerts.
10.15 am, 5.30 pm
6.30 pm (latin
The church is open
Saturday - Sunday
2.30 pm – 5.00 pm