In the Footsteps of Famous Visitors I.
In the heyday of the spas, Mariánské Lázně was a destination anyone of standing in society had to visit. Mariánské Lázně was a centre of social and political life visited by an array of prominent personalities – statesmen, poets, composers and writers. Statues, monuments and plaques in locations where they stayed commemorate these illustrious visitors. Come and discover them with us.
- Difficulty: 2 (of 5)
- Tour length: around two hours
- Price: 130 CZK / full price
- Children between the ages of 6 and 15, students and ZTP card holders are eligible for reduced rate tickets.
- Holders of Karlovy VARY REGION CARD have the walking tour free of charge.
Ticket prices listed are per person.
- Police Station – Trianon House – Anton Grigoryevich Rubinstein
- Cristal Palace – Marienbader Mühle – Mariánské Lázně’s early days
- Neva House/Ruská Street – Johann Straus
- Grand Spa Marienbad/Casino – Grand Duke Vladimír and King Ferdinand of Bulgaria
- House No. 368 – former Casino annex – Pierre de Coubertin – French historian and the founder of the modern-day Olympics
- English Court/Sofia – Mark Twain
- Chopin House/U bílé labutě – Fryderyk Chopin
- Kynžvart House/Sanssouci (now Foto Král) – Emperor Ferdinand V and Empress Caroline
- Osborne/Balmoral – Franz Kafka
- Stadt Moscau/ Třebízský House – Václav Beneš Třebízský
- Forest Spring
- Hotel Svoboda – Miroslav Horníček – the tour ends here.
Tours can be booked for groups at any time.
Group sizes range from a minimum 10 to a maximum of 25.
To book individual tours, contact us at email@example.com.