The original Marianske Lazne 9-hole golf course and clubhouse were opened in 1905. The course was built according to plans of Scottish Professional Robert Doig of Musselburg. From the very beginning the course and the club became exceptionally popular particularly between the English and American guests. HM Edward VII, the King of The United Kindom together with the British ambassador in Vienna became two of the first club members. Edward VII is known to have financially supported the club from the beginning. The first game at the newly opened 9-hole course was played on the 1st of June, 1905, while the clubhouse still had not been finished. The popularity of golf grew constantly. Finally, the course was extended to 18 holes in 1923.
The Marianske Lazne Golf Club course may serve as an example of Scottish and Irish golfing architecture from the end of the 19th century. The course lies on an upland plain 787 meters above sea level, built under the governance of Scottish professional Robert Doig of Musselburgh. It was opened in 1905. Therefore it is the oldest course in The Czech Republic.
ROYAL GOLF CLUB MARIÁNSKÉ LÁZNĚ
Mariánské Lázně č.p. 582
+420 354 624 300